This is the last minor release for version 1.0. Future 1.0-compatible releases will only contain bug fixes, no new features. It takes too much time to maintain two versions, and I’d rather spend my time getting 2.0 out the door. Carbon 2.0 will require PowerShell 4.0, so start planning.
KeyStorageFlagsparameter to Get-Certificate when loading a certificate from a file for better control when storing the certificate.
- Set-HostsEntry now handles writing to an in-use/locked hosts file, retrying up to 10 times before writing an error, waiting a random amount of time (from 0 to 1000 milliseconds) between each retry attempt.
- Get-IisMimeMap, Remove-IisMimeMap, and Set-IisMimeMap now support managing MIME types for websites, virtual directories, and applications.
- Created Get-ScheduledTask function for getting the scheduled tasks on the local computer using
- Created Install-ScheduledTask function for installing a scheduled task using
- Created Test-ScheduledTask function for testing if a scheduled tasks on the local computer exists using
- Created Uninstall-ScheduledTask function for deleting a scheduled task using
- Install-Service now supports setting a command to run when a service fails.
-WhatIfswitch is used.
- Importing Carbon no longer writes an error if the
PATHenvironment variable contains a path to a non-existent drive (issue #134).
- Set-IniEntry fails when adding the first section-less setting to a file.
- Enable-IEActivationPermission no longer returns the
- Fixed an error that occurs when setting permissions on a private key fails: the error message is created using an invalid format string (issue #133).
- Fixed an exception that gets thrown when setting a private key’s permissions and the only certificate key is AT_SIGNATURE (issue #132).
- Install-Service stops Windows service even when no settings/configuration has changed (fixes issue #131).
- Install-Service didn’t clear services depended on during a re-install.
- Install-Service wasn’t restarting a manual service if it was running when configuration began.
- Uninstall-Service hard codes the path to the Windows directory (fixes issue #143). Thanks to Travis Mathison for the fix.