Carbon 1.7 is out and is backwards compatible with 1.0 through 1.6. It supports PowerShell 2. It contains mostly bug fixes and some enhancements.
There is now a Carbon support mailing list.
- Import-Carbon.ps1 now supports the
- Import-Carbon.ps1 now hides verbose log messages when removing/importing Carbon even when supplying the
-Verboseswitch because I think the verbose output is too verbose and not helpful at all.
- Import-Carbon.ps1 now supports adding a prefix when importing the Carbon module (with the
Prefixparameter) to avoid name collisions and follow best practices.
- Get-CertificateStore now supports non-standard, custom certificate stores.
- Get-Certificate now supports non-standard, custom certificate stores.
- Install-Certificate now supports non-standard, custom certificate stores.
- Uninstall-Certificate now supports non-standard, custom certificate stores.
- No more silent errors when importing Carbon on Windows 2012 R2.
- Get-Certificate no longer writes a silent error when a certificate does not exist. Instead, no error is written.
- Install-Junction fails when target path is hidden.
- Test-NtfsCompression fails when file/directory is hidden.
- Test-PathIsJunction fails when tested directory is hidden.
- Grant-Permission fails when item is hidden.
- Grant-Permission doesn’t handle non-existent paths, causing cascading errors.
- Test-Permission always returns
$falsewhen testing leaf-level permissions and the
ApplyToparameter is provided, i.e. it doesn’t ignore inheritance/propagation flags on leaves.